DOLPHIN DASH IS HERE!
Dolphin Dash is College Park Elementary’s biggest PTA fundraiser of the year. All students are able to participate in this annual jog-a-thon event, promoting fun and fitness for all. This year’s Dolphin Dash will take place on Thursday, November 4, 2021 on our school campus.
100% of the funds raised from Dolphin Dash benefit College Park Elementary students! All donations must be made online.
What is a jog-a-thon?
Our jog-a-thon, aka “Dolphin Dash,” is College Park’s largest annual fundraiser in which families, friends, and neighbors donate money to support the students as they jog (or walk, skip, run, etc.) laps during a set time period on our school campus. All students will participate as a part of their regular physical fitness program.
Why are we having a jog-a-thon?
Our PTA provides many fantastic programs and activities for our students and teachers/staff throughout the year, including:
- Family nights (arts and crafts, science activities)
- School-wide educational student assemblies
- Walk through and STEM activities
- PBIS prizes for students
- Classroom supplies
- Room Parent coordination for teacher and classroom support
- Annual World’s Fair for the school and community
- Activities for Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week, a nationwide PTA program honoring our teachers and staff
- Activities for Red Ribbon Week, the nation’s largest and longest-running drug-use prevention campaign
- School yearbook
- Reflections program, a nationwide PTA arts education program to help develop & showcase students’ artistic expression in dance, film, literature, music, photography, & visual arts
- …AND SO MUCH MORE!
In order to continue providing these programs and activities, our PTA must raise enough funds each year, with Dolphin Dash historically being our largest fundraiser.
This year, our goal is to raise at least $25,000 from Dolphin Dash.
If every child raises at least $50, we can reach our goal and more! Of course, ANY donation amount is welcome. ALL of the money raised will go directly into PTA-sponsored programs that enrich our students’ experiences at College Park.
Please note that ALL students will be able to participate regardless of whether they fundraise.
How do we raise money?
Over the next few weeks, each student can obtain donations in support of their jog-a-thon efforts. Please help your child collect donations through your child’s webpage (more info on that below). You can email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Posting on social media is another option! Please keep in mind that we can meet our school goal if each child raises at least $50.
How do we register and start collecting donations?
All donations must be collected online only through our designated Dolphin Dash fundraising website. In order to fundraise, you will need to register for a FREE and secure unique webpage set up for your individual child. If you have multiple children at College Park, you will need to register separately for each child.
Here are the instructions to register for Dolphin Dash fundraising:
- Click or copy the link https://99pledges.com/fund/collegepark/addme to register your child. If you have more than one child at College Park, you need to register each child separately by clicking on the same link. NOTE: There is also a link at the bottom of the main page for our fundraiser in small lettering, “Not on this list? Add participant.” You can click on ‘Add participant’ so that you don’t have to navigate away from the main fundraising page.
- Name = Enter Child’s Name.
- Email = Enter Email. You will be sent your own personal website for your child after registration. NOTE: Although this field is ‘optional,’ we strongly advise that you enter your email so that you can receive a confirmation email with your child’s webpage link thereafter.
- Group = Select Teacher Name. The teacher’s name is already pre-loaded, so just select your child’s teacher from the drop-down list. This is important so we can determine the top fundraising class for prizes (see Prizes section below for more info on that!).
- Check the box, “I’m not a robot” and follow the prompts.
- Select Add and you are done!
- You will be sent your child’s own unique webpage link. Once you are emailed your child’s own webpage, your child can then start collecting donations online.
- On your child’s webpage – You can also email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, employers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Post on social media (optional).
- Track your child’s progress!
FINAL DONATIONS ARE DUE BY WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH, so be sure to register your child as soon as possible!
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
After Dolphin Dash, students will have the opportunity to earn prizes as a way for the PTA to say “thank you” for their hard work in helping their school and turning in their pledges and donations on time.
More info to come about the prizes available!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Will volunteers be allowed to help at Dolphin Dash this year?
More info will be shared via the Weekly Splash and/or Room Parent emails regarding parent volunteers and spectators. We will also include such info here, so please check back here periodically.
Do I have to register my child on the fundraising website in order for my child to participate in Dolphin Dash?
Not at all. Your child will be able to participate in Dolphin Dash regardless of whether or not you register for a unique fundraising webpage for your child. You only need to register for the fundraiser (linked further above) if you want your child to raise money for the school as part of this event.
Can we collect donations OUTSIDE of our child’s fundraising webpage (e.g. cash or check donations instead)?
We understand that some people may not want to or know how to submit a donation online. If this is the case for someone who wants to donate and support your child, you can choose to submit a donation online on their behalf and have them reimburse YOU via cash or check– that arrangement will be something for you to work out with the person who is actually donating. If that is not an option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss other possible options.
Will my child receive a Dolphin Dash T-shirt?
Yes! Each student at College Park will receive a FREE Dolphin Dash T-shirt, regardless of whether or not they fundraise. ALL students are allowed and encouraged to participate in Dolphin Dash.
When will my child receive the Dolphin Dash T-shirt?
All Dolphin Dash T-shirts will be distributed to students in class the morning of Dolphin Dash on November 4th. This is to help streamline distribution and ensure that each child will have a shirt on the day of the event. Unfortunately, no exceptions to this timing. Students can wear their Dolphin Dash T-shirts over their existing clothing, so please plan accordingly with your child for what is worn that day.
What if my child needs a different Dolphin Dash T-shirt size?
T-shirt sizes for each child have been collected by teachers already, either through a Google Form link that was distributed by teachers to parents in recent weeks, OR based on the most popular T-shirt size for your child’s grade level. Logistically we will be unable to accommodate any size changes for any child at this time. Thank you for your understanding. Enjoy the freebie!
What if my child wants a different Dolphin Dash T-shirt color?
Each grade level will have a different T-shirt color that has already been pre-determined. T-shirt colors will be revealed on the day they are distributed to the students, which is the day of the event (November 4th).