It’s not too late to register and make your pledge for the Jog-a-thon!
Our Jog-a-thon will be held on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016!
100% of the funds raised from the Jog-a-thon benefit College Park kids! Something new this year is that pledges will be made online only.
The Jog-a-thon is our school’s major fundraiser, so we need the parents & friends of College Park to get involved and support our students!
What is a Jog-a-thon? The Jog-A- Thon is College Park’s largest fundraiser where families, friends and neighbors pledge money to support the students as they jog or walk in the Jog-A- Thon, which takes place during your child’s regular school day. College Park students run (or jog, walk, skip, etc.) laps around a running track during a 30 minute time period (Kindergarteners run for 20 minutes). All students will participate as part of their regular physical fitness program, unless there is a medical reason why the student should not participate.
Why are we having a Jog-a-thon? Our PTA provides many fantastic programs for our students like Art, Assemblies, Family Nights, Lunch Time Activities, Reading Counts, World’s Fair, and more! In order to continue providing these programs, our goal is to raise at least $20,000, but ANY donation is welcome! If every child raises $50, we can reach our goal and more! ALL of the money raised will go directly into PTA-sponsored programs that enrich our students’ experiences at College Park
How do we raise money? In the next few weeks, each student can obtain pledges in support of his/her Jog-a-thon efforts. Pledges can be made as a one time donation, or on a per lap basis. Please help your child collect pledges through your child’s webpage. You can email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Posting on social media is another option! No time to ask for pledges? You can make a donation instead! Please keep in mind that we can meet our school goal if each child raises $50.
How does it work? This year donations can be made by clicking on the link below.
- Click or copy the link https://99pledges.com/fund/collegepark/addme to register your child. If you have more than one child, you need to register each child separately by clicking on the same link.
- Name = Enter Child’s Name.
- Email = Enter Email. You will be sent your own personal website for your child after registration.
- Group = Select Teacher Name-Grade. The teacher’s name and grade are already pre-loaded, just select the teacher. This is important so we can determine the top class, etc.
- Select Add and you are done!
- You will be sent your child’s own registration webpage. Once you are emailed your child’s own webpage, you can then Donate!
- On your child’s webpage – You can also email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, employers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Post on social media (optional).
- Track your child’s progress!
FINAL PLEDGES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH so be sure to register your child as soon as possible!!
VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS NEEDED! There are many opportunities to help out with this event before, during, and after! The room parents will send out a volunteer list for the day of the event. If you, or the company you work for, would like to donate items as prizes, please email Erika Griggs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking for companies that wish to be a sponsor of this event and have their logo on the back of the custom jog-a- thon t-shirts.
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
After the Jog-a-thon, students will have the opportunity to earn prizes as a way for the PTA to say “thank you” for their hard work in helping their school and turning in their pledges on time.
- Top fundraising classroom: Pinata
- Top fundraising individual: $100 Target Gift Card
- Top 10 fundraising individuals: College Park Insulated Water Bottle
- All students who reach the $50 goal:
-Free Homework pass
-Name in raffle drawing for a variety of prizes including gift cards to Boomers, Yogurtland, Dave & Busters, Game Stop, and many more! (Name entered in raffle once for every $50 raised)
- All students who raise at least $25: College Park Jog-a-thon t-shirt