It’s not too late to register and make your pledge for the Jog-a-thon!
Our Jog-a-thon will be held on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016!
100% of the funds raised from the Jog-a-thon benefit College Park kids! Something new this year is that pledges will be made online only.
The Jog-a-thon is our school’s major fundraiser, so we need the parents & friends of College Park to get involved and support our students!
What is a Jog-a-thon? The Jog-A- Thon is College Park’s largest fundraiser where families, friends and neighbors pledge money to support the students as they jog or walk in the Jog-A- Thon, which takes place during your child’s regular school day. College Park students run (or jog, walk, skip, etc.) laps around a running track during a 30 minute time period (Kindergarteners run for 20 minutes). All students will participate as part of their regular physical fitness program, unless there is a medical reason why the student should not participate.
Why are we having a Jog-a-thon? Our PTA provides many fantastic programs for our students like Art, Assemblies, Family Nights, Lunch Time Activities, Reading Counts, World’s Fair, and more! In order to continue providing these programs, our goal is to raise at least $20,000, but ANY donation is welcome! If every child raises $50, we can reach our goal and more! ALL of the money raised will go directly into PTA-sponsored programs that enrich our students’ experiences at College Park
How do we raise money? In the next few weeks, each student can obtain pledges in support of his/her Jog-a-thon efforts. Pledges can be made as a one time donation, or on a per lap basis. Please help your child collect pledges through your child’s webpage. You can email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Posting on social media is another option! No time to ask for pledges? You can make a donation instead! Please keep in mind that we can meet our school goal if each child raises $50.
How does it work? This year donations can be made by clicking on the link below.
- Click or copy the link https://99pledges.com/fund/collegepark/addme to register your child. If you have more than one child, you need to register each child separately by clicking on the same link.
- Name = Enter Child’s Name.
- Email = Enter Email. You will be sent your own personal website for your child after registration.
- Group = Select Teacher Name-Grade. The teacher’s name and grade are already pre-loaded, just select the teacher. This is important so we can determine the top class, etc.
- Select Add and you are done!
- You will be sent your child’s own registration webpage. Once you are emailed your child’s own webpage, you can then Donate!
- On your child’s webpage – You can also email family, relatives, friends, co-workers, employers, etc. for support right from the webpage. Post on social media (optional).
- Track your child’s progress!
FINAL PLEDGES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH so be sure to register your child as soon as possible!!
VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS NEEDED! There are many opportunities to help out with this event before, during, and after! The room parents will send out a volunteer list for the day of the event. If you, or the company you work for, would like to donate items as prizes, please email Erika Griggs at email@example.com. We are also looking for companies that wish to be a sponsor of this event and have their logo on the back of the custom jog-a- thon t-shirts.
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
After the Jog-a-thon, students will have the opportunity to earn prizes as a way for the PTA to say “thank you” for their hard work in helping their school and turning in their pledges on time.
- Top fundraising classroom: Pinata
- Top fundraising individual: $100 Target Gift Card
- Top 10 fundraising individuals: College Park Insulated Water Bottle
- All students who reach the $50 goal:
-Free Homework pass
-Name in raffle drawing for a variety of prizes including gift cards to Boomers, Yogurtland, Dave & Busters, Game Stop, and many more! (Name entered in raffle once for every $50 raised)
- All students who raise at least $25: College Park Jog-a-thon t-shirt
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
The Irvine Unified Council PTA (IUCPTA) hosted a school board candidates forum on October 5th. There are six candidates running for three open seats. If you are interested in hearing more, the video of the forum is on IUCPTA’s website. The candidate’s statements are also on the website. The candidates responded to the following 10 questions. The first 3 were from IUCPTA and the rest are from the audience.
Candidates Forum Questions:
- In what ways have you participated in the LCAP?
- Did you support Measure E? Why or why not?
- What do you think are the educational gaps or weaknesses in the district and what are its strengths?
- Some old schools were closed and relocated to new development areas. This destroyed the village concept of the original master plan. Will you support IUSDreopening some of the old schools to restore the village concept so that people can walk and bike to school?
- What is your position on prop. 55? And why.
- If all of a sudden the district budget were to increase by 20%, what would you do?
- What would you do to improve math curriculum so that integrated math will work to assure all students are getting the math that they need?
- Does the separation of longstanding classmates and school-based communities due to high school redistricting concern you? If so, what is your plan to address the issue that is currently facing numerous middle school students and their families who are being separated from their school communities.
- What are your goals for being on the school board? Why did you decide to run?
- What would you do to improve safety at the schools?
It’s not too late! You can still register to vote through Oct. 23rd for the Nov. 8th election!
Hi College Park Families,
October 17th-21st is Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week serves to promote a drug-free lifestyle and making good choices. Our students will focus on how to make good choices by respecting ourselves and others, offering kindness, maintaining honesty, and being responsible.
You can learn more about the history of Red Ribbon Week by following this link: http://redribbon.org/about/
Fundraising Dinner at Ruby’s Diner
Wednesday, October 12th, from 2pm-9pm
4602 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
*Please let them know you’re there on behalf of College Park Elementary. *
Donations will go to Irvine Prevention Coalition. More info is available at http://www.irvinepreventioncoalition.org/
Fun Activities During Red Ribbon Week
Monday, October 17th – “Team up against bullying!” and wear your favorite team shirts/jerseys;
Tuesday, October 18th – “Follow your dreams” and wear pajamas
Wednesday, October 19th – “I’m too bright for drugs” and wear bright or neon colors
Thursday, October 20th – “Friends don’t let friends make wrong choices” and dress the same as a friend
Friday, October 21st – “Turn your back on drugs” and wear your clothes backward for the day
Pennies For Prevention
Please send ONLY pennies! The school will earn $1 for every pound of pennies. The winning class will get popsicles on the end of each day. On Friday, the winning class for total amount of pennies will win super lunch and a piece of red licorice.
Thank you for your support,
Miki Bunnell, Gina Hays and Agnes Hahn
PTA Red Ribbon Week